Enrollment and School Choice

  • Find Your Zone Assigned School

    Are you a Manatee County resident new to the School District of Manatee County? You may enroll directly at the zone assigned school that serves your address. To enroll, contact your zoned school's office directly for registration times and required documents. Click here to determine your zone assigned school, link to the school office directory, and access the registration checklist. 


    Controlled Open Enrollment School Choice

    If you seek to enroll in a School District of Manatee County School other than your zone assigned school for next school year, you may apply during the Controlled Open Enrollment School Choice dates. Controlled Open Enrollment School Choice for the school year 2020/2021 is set for December 2-31, 2019.

    The NEW online application process requires an active parent portal account. Click here to update or create your parent portal account.  
    The Controlled Open Enrollment School Choice Application process allows parents to apply for KG-10th grade during the controlled open enrollment school choice dates set for December 2-31,2019.
    Rising 11th or 12th grade students wanting to request a school other than the zone assigned school for next school year may apply through the Hardship Transfer Application beginning December 2, 2019. Student transfer decisions are based on capacity, demonstration of genuine need, and student history.


    Student Transfers

    Families who are new to Manatee County or who want to transfer between schools or districts during the current school year may submit a Hardship Request Form if their zone assigned school poses a hardship. Transfer approval is based on space availability, demonstration of genuine need and student history.

    If you would like to attend a school other than your zone assigned school, you may obtain a Hardship Request Form by going to the Student Transfers page, requesting a printed form at your current school, or at the Office of Student Assignment.

    For more information or details on the Hardship Application process, please contact the Office of Student Assignment via email at StudentAssignment@ManateeSchools.Net or call (941) 708-4971.