Welcome to Property Records and Retention

  • Dept Box

How to Request Transcripts or Student Records

  • Student Record Requests

    Transcripts, immunizations and records for students who attended a Manatee County School are available for request for five (5) years after graduation/or intended graduation date. If you graduated or withdrew within the past 5 years, please contact the last school you attended to request your transcript.

    Per Florida State Statute 1002.22, student records are confidential and can only be released by written consent from the parent (if the child is under 18 years of age), or from the student (once he/she attains age 18). Click here to view rights to records and access procedures.

    A Student Records Release Form is required along with photo identification before any records can be released, unless they are being sent directly to an educational institution. If you are unable to visit our office in person, you will be required to have your records release form notarized before your records will be released to you. Duplicates of diplomas and birth certificates are not available. The Student Records Release Form can be faxed, mailed or emailed to our office.

    Official Transcript - $3.00
    Official Vocational - $3.00
    ESE Records - $0.15 per page
    Psychological - $0.15 per page
    Immunizations - $1.00
    Verification of Birth - $1.00 (If no other school records are found.)

    All requests are processed in date order as received, and are mailed or faxed to the authorized address/fax number. Once the Records Retention Office receives the written request, it takes approximately three (3) business working days for the records to be mailed. The District must respond within thirty (30) days. If you are mailed a transcript stamped 'Official Copy' on the envelope, do not open it, you should deliver it to the appropriate college. Once the envelope is opened, it will no longer be considered an 'official copy'.

    These verifications are acceptable by the Records Management Department for release of school records:
    A valid photo I.D. is required.

    • One of the following may be used:
    • State issued drivers license
    • State issued photo identification card
    • Valid United States Passport


    • Notary verification statement

    When NOT requesting records in person, or no photo ID is available:

    • Notary verification statement 

    GED Records Request
    GED Records may be obtained directly from the state website at http://ged.fldoe.org/ or call 877-352-4331 (toll free) or 850-245-0449.


  • What are your office hours?
    School hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are closed during winter and spring breaks.
    Summer hours are Monday - Thursday 8am to 4pm, during the seven weeks after school has closed.

    How do I get to the Records office?

    We are located at 1 Matzke Way, Bradenton, FL 34208. The public entrance is through Gate #1 in the 2900 block of 26th Ave East (just east of 27th Street East intersection, past Mixon Fruit Farms). Look for building #7 (gold color) with “Records and Distribution” sign. Enter door #7-140 just left of the ATM machine.

    How can I obtain my records?
    You will need to fill out a records release form which can be found on this website or by calling (941) 708-8800, x1050 or x1049. You will also be required to provide a state issued drivers license or photo I.D. if you are picking your records up in person. If you are unable to come in to our office in person your records release form must be notarized.

    Is there a fee for obtaining my records?
    Official Transcript - $3.00
    Official Vocational - $3.00
    ESE Records - $0.15 per page
    Psychological - $0.15 per page
    Immunizations - $1.00
    Verification of Birth - $1.00 (If no other school records are found)

    Can I request someone else's records?
    We can only release records for children under the age of 18 to the parent. Please contact the school the child is currently attending, as these records are only located at the school. We cannot release anyone else's records to you, unless they have authorized you to pick up their records by having the Records Release Form notarized. We can release directory information, which this District has defined as (1) Student's name; (2) Electronic mail address; (3) Photograph, video, film or other likeness; (4) Date and place of birth; (5) major field of study; (6) Dates of attendance; (7) Grade level; (8) Participation in officially recognized activities and sports; (9) Weight and height of athletic team members; (10) Degrees, honors, and awards received; and (11) the most recent school attended. Directory information can be disclosed without parental consent.

    What kind of records are available to me?
    We can provide a school transcript if you attended any Manatee County School five (5) years after your graduation/intended graduation date or for Vocational three (3) years after completion. We also provide immunization records with a date of graduation/intended graduation 1986 to present if available & verification of birth date (we do not keep copies of original birth certificates).

    If it has been less than five (5) years after your graduation/intended graduation date, please contact the registrar at the last school you attended.

    GED records can be obtained directly from the state website at http://ged.fldoe.org/.

    Can I get a copy of my high school diploma?
    There was only one diploma issued at the time of graduation. We do not keep copies of that diploma. The transcript has the graduation date on it and schools and employers will accept this as verification of graduation.

Mission Statement

  • The mission of the Property Records Department is to establish and promote measures that will enable the School District of Manatee County, Florida to adequately safeguard and account for all of its property and comply with all applicable state, federal, and School Board rules, regulations and procedures. This involves coordinating the annual physical inventory, recording acquisitions, deletions and other changes into the Manatee Business World database files in a timely and appropriate manner; managing the transfer and disposition of surplus property; and providing the appropriate property related information and training to School District departments and schools.

    Property Records staff also pledges to go beyond the printed word and dedicate themselves to the District by taking great pride in the services provided to our students, staff and community and by providing excellent customer service, integrity, loyalty, and professionalism.