Senior Class of 2022
Class of 2022 Calendar Dates (**NEW Graduation Information at bottom of calendar)
(Check back for calendar updates. All activities, dates, and times are subject to change.) Printable CalendarOctober 1 -- Sign up for FAFSA (free financial aid for post-secondary school) online https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. Remember the FAFSA is the first step to receiving financial aid (FREE MONEY). The quicker you complete your FAFSA, the better your score.September 24 -- College and Career Fair at Southeast High School for Juniors & Seniors. Representatives from colleges/universities will be available. Listen to announcements for times.October 7 -- Southeast High School's FAFSA Virtual WorkshopOctober 28 -- Virtual College Fair, 5:00-7:45 pm. Visit admissions representatives from 75 colleges, universities and technical colleges. You must register to participate. Go to StriveScan.com/ManateeDistrictVirtualCollegeFairOctober 29 -- Deadline to secure your individual senior yearbook page. Click for more information and form.November 30 -- Projected date for hoodie pickup for those who orderedDecember 16 -- Senior Panoramic Photo, Football field, after school (around 1:15 pm)Seniors who have still not paid or given the Height & Weight sizes must turn in the fees and information online and pay through a debit or credit card. Online Payment Link. Additional fee for this service is charged by the company. Contact Mrs. Rees if you have questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or 941.741.3366, Ext. 36047 and leave a message.January 30 -- Last day to order a yearbook @ Balfour.comFebruary 10-11 -- Grad Bash ticket sales. Seniors must complete paperwork and prepay for tickets. See paperwork for eligibility requirements. Tickets are limited.April 12 -- Senior class meeting (1:30 pm) and Senior parent meeting (6:30 pm) regarding graduation and end of year activities. Auditorium.April 15 -- Prom. Information can be obtained from the Discipline Office.April 25-29 & May 6 and 13 -- Senior privileges will take place. This year's senior privileges:
April 26 -- Cap & Gown Distribution during lunches for seniors who have pre-ordered cap/gown and paid Graduation Fees.
- With teacher permission, seniors may leave class 5 minutes early.
- Seniors may eat on the patio or in the senior-only section of the cafeteria. Music will be provided.
- Senior Exam exemption if 3rd and 4th Quarter grades are both 80% and higher. Seniors will have a teacher signature exam exemption sheet. Teachers only sign it the day before the exam. Seniors DO NOT turn in this paper but keep it for their own records.
- Food truck on April 29 & May 6. Seniors must preorder and pay prior to those Fridays. TBA
- Friday, May 6, senior only assembly/movie during 7th Period in the auditorium. Seniors must turn in a completed field trip form to Mrs. Rees by May 3, 2022. Field trip forms outside door, Room 837.
- Dress up days, April 25-29:
- Monday: Senior Citizen
- Tuesday: Senior Hat Day (Outside of classroom. Must be school appropriate. Cannot cover face or be distracting.)
- Wednesday: College and Career Day (School appropriate)
- Thursday: Throw-Back Thursday (Dress from your favorite decade)
- Friday: Orange Out (Orange is the Senior Class color.)
- Friday, May 13 (Skinny Day), Senior Picnic, 11:00 am-12:30 pm behind New Gym. Staff is welcome to come during their lunch time. Burgers/chips/cookie/drinks
- Senior Privileges end after April 29 except for the May 6 & 13 activities.
- Tuesday, April 26--TOP 4% (White) and TOP 10% (Orange) ONLY
- Thursday, April 28--Blue Gowns
Seniors who have not paid Grad Fees by Monday, April 25, or seniors who did not provide measurements by Feb. 14 will have to wait until after these distribution dates to pay and receive cap/gowns.April 30 -- Grad Bash (Prepaid ticket required. Because this is a special Universal Studios event, no season passes may be used. Students must ride provided transportation.)May 9-13 -- Senior Exam Schedule:
May 13 -- NOON. Last day for seniors. Books and electronics must be returned, and debts paid to the school district before graduation tickets will be given to the graduating senior during the following week. Check the debt lists posted around campus.May 13 -- Senior Picnic. 11:00 am - 12:30 pm. Only the graduating Southeast High School Class of 2022 Seniors and Southeast High School staff may attend. Games. Yearbooks. Seniors park in New Gym Parking Lot. Seniors may not be on the main campus.May 17 (Subject to change) -- FREE Tickets for May 19 Graduation will be distributed to the Spring Graduating Seniors. Parents must have written permission to pick up the tickets for the senior if the senior cannot pick up the tickets. Seniors must be debt-free to the school district and have met graduation requirements in order to receive tickets. Ten (10) tickets for LECOM graduation on Thursday, May 19, 2022. Four (4) tickets for SEHS New Gym graduation on Friday, May 20 if we have to postpone our graduation due to poor weather. Cannot use both sets of dated tickets. No extra tickets are available.Graduation
- Monday, May 9 (Odd day) Seniors attend all day, exam exempt or not
- 1st Period--Regular time
- 3rd Period Exam 8:35 am - 10:15 am
- 5th Period--Regular time including lunch
- 7th Period Exam 12:45 pm - 2:25 pm
- Tuesday, May 10 (Even day) Seniors attend all day, exam exempt or not
- 1st Period--Regular time
- 2nd Period--Regular time
- 4th Period--Exam including lunch 10:20 am-12:40 pm. Check with 4th Period teacher regarding lunch time.
- 6th Period--Exam 12:45 pm-2:25 pm
- Wednesday, May 11 (Odd day) Seniors only attend if they are not exam exempt
- 3rd Period--Switch with 1st Period time 7:30-8:30 am
- 1st Period Exam 8:35 am-10:15 am
- 5th Period Exam including lunch 10:20 am-12:40 pm. Check with 5th Period teacher regarding lunch time.
- 7th Period--Regular time
- Thursday, May 12 (Even Day) Seniors only attend if they are not exam exempt.
- 1st Period--Regular time
- 2nd Period Exam 8:35 am-10:15 am
- 4th Period--Regular time including lunch
- 6th Period--Regular time
- Makeup Exams must be scheduled with the teacher. All exams must be finished by 10:00 am on Friday, May 13, 2022. Per SDMC, no semester exams may be given early.
June 20 -- Official 2022 senior transcript will be available. Class of 2022 Seniors may have one free (official or non official) transcript. Form available in guidance. Requests for additional transcripts.
- Graduation is May 19 at 7:00 pm at LECOM Stadium (McKechnie Field) on 9th St. & 17 Ave. W.
- Seniors must be there by 5:45 pm at the 1st base line with all graduation uniform parts. Seniors should be dropped off at player side off 17th Ave. W.
- Dress comfortably but school appropriate. Shorts are OK. No spike heels or flip flops per LECOM staff.
- Seniors may NOT decorate or modify the cap & gown / graduation attire. Per admin, if they do, they cannot participate.
- Everyone must have a ticket except children under 3 who sit in an adult's lap.
- No open admission--even after the ceremony starts.
- Per Manatee Co. Sheriff's Department: NO RE-ENTRY. No large bags, balloons, flowers, arrangements, or noisemakers allowed.
- Though tickets are free, this is a ticketed event. I do not have extra tickets.
- PARKING IS VERY LIMITED. PLEASE CARPOOL.
- Rain date is Friday, May 20, 7:00 pm, in our NEW GYM. Seniors will only receive 4 tickets for this date. LECOM tickets are not valid on Friday, May 20.
College and Career Center -- Includes information on financial aid, FAFSA, scholarships, graduation requirements, ACT/SAT testing, college virtual tours
Balfour.com (click on Shop My School) -- Purchasing yearbook, class rings, graduation announcements, senior class memorabilia.
Senior Survey - All seniors need to compete the survey.
Senior graduation pictures will be taken by Lifetouch in Tampa. Lifetouch contact info: Office: 813-402-3500.
Seniors must meet graduation requirements, be debt-free to the school district, and have paid graduation fees in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Reminder: all textbooks, school items, and electronics must be returned to Southeast High School and debts paid to the school district before tickets will be given to ceremony-participating senior graduates. Check in FOCUS or Destiny (in the MySDMC SSO) to see if there is a debt on your account.
Free Senior Transcript
2022 Southeast graduating seniors may have one free transcript. Complete the transcript request form and turn into to the registrar (email@example.com) or drop off form at Guidance.
The official finalized transcript will not be available until June 20. Subject to change.
Additional copies of your transcript may be purchased using the following site: https://manateeschoolsfl.scriborder.com. You can use this link to order your Transcript Request.
Congratulations to the Southeast High School Class of 2022 Gold Feathers!
The class of 2022's list was filled with outstanding seniors, and several teachers stated the decisions were difficult.